Tomorrow is June.
Summer is well on the way and summer means one thing: adventures.
There is no shortage of adventure available as you scroll through your Instagram feed. One of the great luxuries of the internet is that it enables you to do your work from just about anywhere. Some enterprising social media creators have carved a living out of their travels, gaining brand sponsorships that allow them to travel the world full or part time and capture their adventures to share with the rest of us.
This month we’re celebrating the adventurers.
While we can’t all abandon our desk chairs for hammocks on the beach, we can always get inspired to plan our next adventure. Studies show that planning a trip can sometimes make you happier than really taking one. So go ahead, scroll through those magical feeds, get lost in lists of the best restaurants in Paris, figure out the best beach in Waikiki, explore street vendors in Myanmar… it’s a little adventure for your spirit.
Here are a few of my favorite adventures:
- Speaking choppy Italian and understanding enough to realize I was standing in the very room where my great-grandmother was born in a tiny mountain village.
- Snaking through Redwood forest on the way up highway 1 from San Francisco to the Oregon line.
- Wandering through Boston’s Chinatown until I spotted the perfect Peking duck hanging in a window.
- Mazing through London’s Camden market and stopping for Jerk chicken from an oil-drum grill.
- Standing in the rain in front of the storybook windmills of Zaanse Schans in rural Netherlands.
Cheers to buying the ticket and taking the ride,
Photo credit: Death to Stock
Creative Community Director at Snapfluence.
There is often a pen stuck in my hair.