How To Switch to an Instagram Business Account
If you’re not sure whether or not you should switch to an Instagram business account, check out the Pros and Cons of switching. But if you’ve heard all the hype and you want to get in and access those metrics, find out who is looking at your content, and get that fancy contact button, here’s how.
- Go to your profile and access the settings by clicking the gear icon
- Scroll down and tap “Switch to Business Profile”
3. The Instagram Business Tools page will ask you to “Connect your Instagram account to your Facebook Page to connect with and learn about your followers.” This will have you log in via Facebook to give Instagram permission to manage your Pages.
It’s important to note that you can only switch to a Instagram Business Profile if you also have a Facebook Page set up as a business.
5. Click OK to accept this permission. Once accepted, Instagram will identify the Pages you admin. Select the appropriate Page (if there are more than one) and click “Next”
6. On the next page, set up the contact information for your Business Profile
Now you can begin using your Instagram Business Profile!
Insights can be viewed next to the gear icon on your profile page and you’ll now see a new “Contact” button on your profile.
Let us know how you like the new account features. We're curious to see how these changes affect your Instagram account.